Rant

Saturday, 26 March 2011

Thinking outside the bloody stupid imaginary box

"If you hurt them in any way, I will hunt you down and cut your heart out with a rusty spork."
- Me.
I've got a Scottish accent at the moment, so if you would like, you can imagine this blogpost as it would sound read by someone with a Scottish accent.

As you can probably tell by the title, I'm not entirely thrilled with the phrase "Think outside the box" at the moment. Though apparently, that's what I'm doing at the moment.
I've started planning out a romance story.... not entirely certain if that is a good thing or not. And yes, there is some semblance of a plot. And yes, I am absolutely certain that it is going to go up in flames, but it's something different and it will give me a break from working on Scars of War, although I suppose I may have to change the title... something else to think about, yes?
Anyway, Script Frenzy starts in less than a week.

- non writing news -
I picked up a copy of The Reformed Vampire Support Group yesterday, am about five pages in, and am rather enjoying it. Finally, a vampire book that appears to be dealing with things properly. Also picked up a copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and am very much enjoying it. I love my library, in case you've managed to meet me and not figured that out by now.

I think that's all I've got to say for now, and I hope you enjoyed this pointless blog post.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh that reminds me of something I was going to blog about.

    DO androids dream of electric sheep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southest Regional, yes?

    Scars of War - cool title.

    What's wrong with the phrase...cliche?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, do you like the books I gave you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @elfarmy17 -
    That is a very good question that I do not have an answer to. *grins*
    @Young Man Winter -
    Yes, SER.
    Why thank you.
    There is no sane, [semi]sensible reason for why I do not like the phrase, it just annoys me.
    I'm enjoying the books very much, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom keeps claiming it's too far for her. I shall try to venture there again someday, this time to look around.
    You are quite welcome.
    I think that is common with writers, having odd pet peeves.
    Thank YOU! =D

    ReplyDelete