Rant

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Rambling.

I really, really, should be writing right now.
And of course - I'm not.
I'm talking to you instead.
I'm sure you should be doing something else right now. Lets pretend though, for just a moment, that we have no where else to be, and nothing else to do.


. . .


Okay, I think that's long enough.

I spent the last two weeks attending a summer workshop for teen writers and I loved it. I saw old friends, made new ones, learned new things, wandered the art museum for a few hours, relearned things from last year, met some awesome Doctor Who fans, and I could go on and on.
The one thing I didn't do was do a whole lot of writing. Sure, I wrote in class, but when I went home after the day's class, I would write maybe a paragraph or two, and that was it. I've been in a funk for a couple of months now, actually. . .
Too many ideas buzzing around in my head and they're all for the same story.
Ah well.
I'll be out of town, getting a change of scenery in a week or two, so that should help.
And then NaNoWriMo is coming.
I might be out of town for a week in November. But that's okay. I can still write, I just need to be firm about it.

And I think I'll go write now. Yeah, that sounds good. . .

3 comments:

  1. When I first read this post, I was actually in the middle of writing a story (you'll hear it next week, probably). The irony made me laugh.
    Can you send me the information for this workshop? It sounds like something I'd like to do next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, what irony. (I won't be able to come to writers group next week, so I'm afraid I might have to miss hearing it.)
    Here's the link to the website: http://english.chass.ncsu.edu/youngwriters/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the same-story idea thing. And I shall look into that summer program.

    ReplyDelete