I am putting this pledge on here, so that I will hopefully keep it. My pride and honor are very important to me, and if I tell you, then I have to follow through. I am notorious for not finishing things. My precious work in progress, Rebel, has never had a finished first draft. A crime, in my opinion. I have spent a year and a half of my life working on various versions of it. Two years, if you count that horrendous first attempt at writing I did at age eleven, which I still look back upon, somewhat fondly.
I promise you, that I will finish a first draft of Rebel by the end of this year, or die trying. This will be an awful draft, and in two years, I will laugh at it as hard as I laugh at my first real attempts. You can only give what you have, and I have yet to see enough of the world.
I thank you, all of you, for the inspiration you give me.
Goodnight, and good luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment